Sunday, January 3, 2010

Just for fun - Product Photography

While on vacation I thought I would take some time to work on Product photos.


Since it is the holidays, I started with this wooden white snowman to do a little white on white testing. The kind of thing you see on most web pages where the photo and the page background are seamless.

The challenge with this rainbow (RoyGBiv, missing indigo and violet) is to make sure the white tops of the bottles show up against the white background.


A photographer friend of mine from Essence Photography by Eysha Powers pointed out that I should take a look at the actual product website to see how they did the white on white bottle tops. I took a peek and have to agree, so I did a quick re-shoot and this is the result. I'll re-shoot the rainbow this weekend.
More white on white with a little silver.
Chrome is one of the harder things to photograph because of all the reflections. I also wanted to make sure the product name was clear by making the chrome around the name dark.Nothing to fancy here, just playing with reflections.
The goal in this shot of a small flashlight was to highlight the product name with a band of light. I also wanted to show just a bit of the light cast by the flashlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment